1.24.2005

Firefox Cut and Paste

This is apparently rant day.

I am incredibly frustrated with Firefox's cut and paste. It's buggy and it doesn't reliably follow Windows conventions.

If I double-click on the address of a page to highlight it, and press Ctrl-C, it should be copied to the clipboard. But no, it isn't.

Right-click on the highlighted text, select Copy. Nope, still the clipboard is empty.

Go back to the previous page, right-click on the link with the URL I am trying to get, select Copy Link Location. Nope, that doesn't do it either.

It's basic stuff like this that should be automatic. When it's not, it's a major frustration.

Now I'm off to search Bugzilla to see if it's a known issue...

UPDATE: Yes it is. Seems I'm not the only one infuriated by it, either.

UPDATE 2: I should comment that despite the whining nature of this post, it is really terrific that such a great open source browser is available with an easy-to-browse open bug database!


No comments: